Sunday, November 2, 2008

Kitchen Fellowship 11-2-08

Some of my most enjoyable experiences so far have been spending time with my Thai family in the Kitchen. Our kitchen is very different from any that I’ve been in America, but familial dynamics are very similar. The kitchen is the place to be when I just want to hang out with my friends and Thailand is no different. This isn’t to say that I’m really cooking any more that I did with friends at home. They could surely testify to this, but I’m always good at pitching in when directed and happy to do the dishes when I get there first. So far I’m been allowed to stir, role little pork balls for soup, and crush little chili peppers with what looks like an archaic stone bowl and hammer. I totally want one! In the picture my friend Klairung is washing dishes, Ying is chopping veggies, and Beam is displaying the pork soup that she and I made together. I hope to have many more great experiences in the kitchen and get more opportunities to help prepare our meals. Thai food is great, very healthy and always fresh. Trips to the market are made almost daily

2 comments:

Ecuabax said...

Sounds like you are having an amazing time. Be blessed.

Beth said...

the pork soup looks amazing, and i'm loving the open air kitchen! i'm glad you can still share the love of food and cooking in this new culture.