Monday, November 17, 2008

Bangkok Visitors 11-6-08

Throughout the first week of November we were treated to a visit by our friends from the Thai Faith and Music Foundation (TFMF) in Bangkok. It was fun to see some new faces and familiar faces. I spent a week visiting and learning from TFMF in January, 2008, during my Mission and Ministry in Asia course through North Park Theological Seminary (NPTS). Our friend, Ek, from TFMF, came to learn a new rhythm routine on the Big Gong and is pictured to the right. The routine, taught by Ot, looked rather complicated and took a couple of days for Ek to master. So far I've only seen men (Pooh Chai) play the Gong, but maybe I'll have a go at it and break this gender specific instrument. We'll see...I'll let you know if I make any progress toward accomplishing this task. The photo to the left is displaying an extremely delicious meal conducted by Ba'Ruth, in the blue, who is Ba'Anan's sister-in-law. She's also in a photo I posted earlier of a the pinning/welcome ceremony help back in January in Bangkok. It was quite a joy to see her again and contemplate the process of becoming a Short-Term Missionary was beginning to be cultivated among the group from TFMF almost one year ago. This picture also introduced me to a new method of grilling. If you look carefully you'll see that the fish are on top of a hollow clay pot that is fill with a burning substance, wood I believe.

No comments: