Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thai Market (Da'Lot)

Trips to the Market happening regularly around my home and there are a variety of Markets to visit. Each one is Thai, but some are more familiar than others, and some have little, if any, familiarity. Along my daily commute I pass at least 3 markets of the unfamiliar variety. Even after a handful of visits to these particular markets, they are still quite overwhelming and full of food I never new existed. I thought some of the produce sections in Chicago were pretty amazing to the Rural American eye, but nothing tops Thai markets. The only comforting feature is that there are many stands with the same products to sell.
This particular market wasn't like the average. I took these shots at the Royal Flora Garden's Market. It was somthing of an upgraded version of what you'd find in your average community with many more snack options. What you see above is little quail eggs (I think). Little eggs are fried (sunny side up) in their own individual grittle and served about 5 at a time with soy sauce on the side. To the right are raw pork & chicken kabobs spread out on Banana leaves just waiting to be grilled.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Good to see what you're up to. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Do the Thai celebrate the same New Year as we do?