Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Prayer & Fundraising Update 10-7-08


Dear Friends & Family,

Greetings!

I hope that you are all doing well in the name of our Lord Jesus, and I pray that you would be blessed this day by His ever present grace and mercy. I’m excited to let you know where I am on my journey toward service in Thailand.

God has faithfully helped me reach 82% of my fundraising needs and I want to thank you for helping me to get to this point through your prayers and generous provision. More preparations are underway and I now have a departure date! I’ll be leaving for Thailand on Wednesday, Oct. 8th and will arrive in Chiang Mai on Thursday, Oct. 9th. Randy and Cheryl Bevis will be there to greet me and have offered to let me recover from jet-lag with their family before I reach my home with Anan Srisuwan and the Thai Covenant Church.

Praise Report:
  • God’s faithful provision in all areas of my life (friends, family, money, education, etc.)
    The opportunity to leave for Thailand this fall.
  • The fellowship I’ve experienced at The Thai Community Church of Chicago and the Thai friends that I’ve been able to make before I leave.

  • Safe travel to Minnesota to say goodbye to family and friends along with a great time of fellowship with them.
Prayer Requests:
  • That God will continue to provide all the funds I need to serve in Thailand (20% left).

  • God’s blessing on everyone who is part of this process of helping me to learn, serve, and grow as I seek to do God's will. (Without the Lord’s leading and the church’s support, I would not be leaving for Thailand.)

  • Help with networking and continued education about Thailand and Thai people so that my heart will become more and more prepared for service.
    With Love in Christ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you Kara!
We'll keep you in our prayers!

Love, Holly, Steve, Derrick, and Mallory

Joan Maus said...

Hey Kara,
We hope you had a great birthday! Grandma Rose called and wondered how you were. Let us know what you would like for your birthday and Christmas. Grandma wants ideas to send. Have a great week!

Love,
Mom & Dad, Jeffrey & Michael