Monday, January 19, 2009

Chiang Mai Winter Fest 2008

I had a fascinating experience at Chiang Mai WinterFest 2008 with my Thai friends. It was, in many ways, very similar to the kinds of county fairs we have in the States. The picture below is a good example of life in Thailand. From an early age children are having fun preparing for life on a motorcycle (one of our main means of transportation).


We also listened to some of my Thai friend’s favorite rock bands playing that night. I wish I could remember the names of the groups, but their songs were pretty catchy (at least the musical aspect that I could enjoy). I’m not at the point where I can sing along, but it was still fun to participate in this activity with my new friends. We had a good time and I was even surprised to hear one song in English that I actually new. For some reason, The Cranberries’ classic hit song, “Zombie,” was played and covered quite well I might add. I hadn’t heard this song for ages; it brought me back to those junior high years when rock music was a high priority in life.

No comments: